Rich Barnes has spent the last three decades fighting for the rights of personal injury clients all across the state of New York. Prior to that, he spent five years as a senior district attorney prosecuting felonies to help procure justice for victims of serious crime. After entering private practice, the Chief Criminal Judge in Barnes’ district chose him to prosecute a defendant charged with a triple homicide. Barnes then became a key partner at the law offices of Cellino & Barnes before assuming the presidency of The Barnes Firm in late 2020, constantly fighting for the rights of personal injury victims along the way.
Rich believes showing respect to the entire legal process is key to upholding justice, and makes a point of appreciating and commending fellow attorneys and trial judges. In recognition of this, Rich’s peers previously elected him as president of the Western New York Trial Lawyers Association. Attorneys have also frequently called on Barnes to serve as an arbitrator in many personal injury cases.
Rich Barnes has focused his mission and that of The Barnes Firm on working as a team to the fullest of our abilities, so that we may achieve the best possible result and most just outcome for every client in every case.
DISCLAIMER: Rich Barnes is a spokesperson for the Barnes Firm, L.C. Rich Barnes is not admitted to practice law in California. Rich Barnes is licensed to practice law in New York.
- B.A. – State University College at Buffalo 1977
- J.D. – State University at Buffalo School of Law 1980
- Licensed to practice law in New York and the Federal Court for the Western District of New York.
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Honors & Professional Organizations
- Special Counsel to the Buffalo Police Benevolent Assoc. (1988-Present)
- Legal Instructor, Erie County Central Police Training Services (1987-Present)
- Past President of the WNY Trial Lawyers Association
- President of the Board of Directors of the Erie County Aid to Indigent Prisoners, Inc.
- Member of the American Association for Justice, a National Trial Lawyers Organization
The Barnes Firm Commercials ft. Rich Barnes